Questions about Funding for Missionaries
Support Raising Attitudes
- What perspective should I take towards raising prayer and financial support?
- Is there any way other than begging for support?
Support Raising Approaches
- What can I do to successfully raise prayer and financial support?
- Can teams going overseas together raise support collectively with each family drawing from the main pot?
- Our mission agency told us to expect support raising to take 9-12 months. What should my husband and I do for income during this time?
How Much Is Enough?
- How much money should a missionary raise, and how long should it take?
- What costs are included in a missionaryís budget?
- Can I go overseas before I have all my funds raised?
- How much of a service fee do agencies charge? What is that used for?
- What type of insurance coverage do missionaries need?
- In many countries, the cost of living is less than at home. How do I justify a seemingly large support figure to supporters?
Paid Off and Debt Free
- How can I minimize financial debt while in school or training?
- How do I handle my debts and still go into missions?
Sticky Issues on the Field
- How do missionaries think about bribery and respond when they are expected to pay bribes and "special fees"?
Ready to Retire
Didn't find what you were looking for?
These are questions with answers already online. If your question is not listed, search or ask a new question at the bottom of this page. Remember many questions are best answered by those in your church.
- Browse other websites with missions answers: Urbana's Ask Jack
- Ask a new question about missions one year or longer.
- Or view other topics on this website