Questions about Funding for Missionaries
Support Raising Attitudes
- What perspective should I take towards raising prayer and financial support?
- How should we think about money?
- Is there any way other than begging for support?
- What Scriptures, prayers, and spiritual disciplines have best helped you deal with anxiety during the fundraising process?
Support Raising Approaches
- What can I do to successfully raise prayer and financial support?
- Can I raise funds for missionary service by doing it mostly online, e.g., through crowdsourcing, GoFundMe, or Facebook?
- Can teams going overseas together raise support collectively with each family drawing from the main pot?
- Our mission agency told us to expect support raising to take 9-12 months. What should my husband and I do for income during this time?
- Whatís next if you dedicate yourself to the Lord and try to raise support for long-term missions but end up not being able to raise the funds?
How Much Is Enough?
- How much money should a missionary raise, and how long should it take?
- What costs are included in a missionaryís budget?
- Can I go overseas before I have all my funds raised?
- How much of a service fee do agencies charge? What is that used for?
- What type of insurance coverage do missionaries need?
- In many countries, the cost of living is less than at home. How do I justify a seemingly large support figure to supporters?
- Do missionaries continue to tithe? If so, do they take that out of the money given by others to support their ministry?
Paid Off and Debt Free
- How can I minimize financial debt while in school or training?
- How do I handle my debts and still go into missions?
- Can someone become a missionary if they have credit card debt? What about student loans or other financial obligations?
Sticky Issues on the Field
- How much time and energy should a missionary expect to put into communication with people back home?
- How do missionaries think about bribery and respond when they are expected to pay bribes and "special fees"?
- If I raised donations for ministry and now God is leading me in a different direction, is it possible to get the previously donated money back to be used in a different ministry?
Ready to Retire
When Missionaries Come Home
- Where do missionaries get money to live on when they return home after serving or between assignments? Do you ask supporters to continue to provide for you?
Didn't find what you were looking for?
These are questions with answers already online. If your question is not listed, search or ask a new question at the bottom of this page. Remember many questions are best answered by those in your church.
- Browse other websites with missions answers: Urbana's Ask Jack
- Ask a new question about missions one year or longer.
- Or view other topics on this website