Questions about Funding for Missionaries
Support Raising Attitudes
- What perspective should I take towards raising prayer and financial support?
- How should we think about money?
- Is there any way other than begging for support?
Support Raising Approaches
- What can I do to successfully raise prayer and financial support?
- Can teams going overseas together raise support collectively with each family drawing from the main pot?
- Our mission agency told us to expect support raising to take 9-12 months. What should my husband and I do for income during this time?
How Much Is Enough?
- How much money should a missionary raise, and how long should it take?
- What costs are included in a missionaryís budget?
- Can I go overseas before I have all my funds raised?
- How much of a service fee do agencies charge? What is that used for?
- What type of insurance coverage do missionaries need?
- In many countries, the cost of living is less than at home. How do I justify a seemingly large support figure to supporters?
Paid Off and Debt Free
- How can I minimize financial debt while in school or training?
- How do I handle my debts and still go into missions?
Sticky Issues on the Field
- How do missionaries think about bribery and respond when they are expected to pay bribes and "special fees"?
- If I raised donations for ministry and now God is leading me in a different direction, is it possible to get the previously donated money back to be used in a different ministry?
Ready to Retire
Didn't find what you were looking for?
These are questions with answers already online. If your question is not listed, search or ask a new question at the bottom of this page. Remember many questions are best answered by those in your church.
- Browse other websites with missions answers: Urbana's Ask Jack
- Ask a new question about missions one year or longer.
- Or view other topics on this website