Questions about Mission Agencies for Missionaries
With or Without an Agency
- Why do many missionaries join agencies?
- Why do some missionaries serve independent from an agency?
- How do I find a service agency? My home church is sending me directly but I need help with newsletters, processing contributions, etc.
Salary or Support?
- Should I go with my denomination, which provides a salary, or with a non-denominational agency and raise my support?
Agencies Large and Small
A Thorough Exam
- How do I select an agency?
- What questions should I ask a mission organization I am considering joining?
- Why do sending agencies require missionaries to be members or active in a local church?
- Iím interested in Bible translation and I want to be part of a team and not just a lone missionary. Which agencies now send teams to do this?
- Which agencies assist the underground church in restricted access countries?
- In selecting a mission agency, how much do leadership style and organizational culture matter?
- We want to work with an agency but be self-supporting (tentmakers). Our denomination does not support this model. What agencies work with tentmakers?
When to Begin
- Which should I focus on first, where I want to go or which agency to join? If I start with agency selection, do they decide where I go or do I decide?
- Which mission agencies can someone 18-21 years of age with a high school degree join and begin active service as a missionary?
- I am years away from finishing my education. When should I start to look at agencies?
Donít Give Up!
Mission Agencies Resources
Didn't find what you were looking for?
These are questions with answers already online. If your question is not listed, search or ask a new question at the bottom of this page. Remember many questions are best answered by those in your church.
- Browse other websites with missions answers: Urbana's Ask Jack
- Ask a new question about missions one year or longer.
- Or view other topics on this website