Questions about Singles/Families for Missionaries
Questions Singles Have
- What perspective should I take toward serving in missions as a single person?
- Should I, as a single person, go overseas now, or should I first find a mate?
- Should I consider a relationship with a future missionary who wants to serve in a different country from the one Iím interested in?
- How important is it that the person youíre dating has the same call to missions as you?
- How do singles deal with loneliness and isolation overseas?
- I am a single mother. Which missions agencies would consider accepting me as a missionary?
- Are single women missionaries accepted in third-world countries? Married women without children?
- If you go to another country as a single and decide to get married to someone you meet there, would that be a problem?
- What if my parents oppose me becoming a missionary?
- Can I become a missionary even though my family still has unbelievers?
- Can I become a missionary even if my parents still need my assistance at home?
Missions and Marriage
- My husband and I both feel called to missions, but we still have struggles in our lives and marriage. Can God still use us in missions or is this something we have to overcome first?
- My spouse wants to be a missionary and I do not. How have other married couples with differing desires made their decision?
- I am about to get married. Should we spend our first year together in our home country or on the missions field?
- What are some of the challenges moms face overseas?
Small Children in a Big World
- How do missionaries deal with pregnancy? When they get pregnant, do they come home or have the baby overseas?
- Can a couple with small children make it to the field?
- If we move overseas, what can we do about our childrenís education?
- What can I expect to be difficult about raising small children on the field?
- How can I prepare my children for moving to the mission field?
Resistance from Older Children
- What if my teenage kids donít want to move to the mission field?
- Can I become a missionary if my adult children still need me nearby?
- My grown children are not walking with the Lord. Is it right for me to leave them behind to go to the mission field?
Managing Marriage Roles
- What are women allowed to do on the mission field?
- As the wife of a medical professional, where would I fit in medical missions? How could we find a placement that fits both of us?
- How does the husband of a healthcare professional, who raises the children, fit in? My wife is the professional, and we want to serve overseas long term.
- My spouse and I are both medical professionals. How could we share medical ministry and family roles?
Didn't find what you were looking for?
These are questions with answers already online. If your question is not listed, search or ask a new question at the bottom of this page. Remember many questions are best answered by those in your church.
- Browse other websites with missions answers: Urbana's Ask Jack
- Ask a new question about missions one year or longer.
- Or view other topics on this website