Ask a Missionary Book
Paperback book: 224 pages
Publisher: IVP Books
Book-only features not online:
- not too much; just the answers everyone needs
- powerful real-life missionary stories
- next steps to discuss with a friend or church leader
"This book is like having a dozen missionary friends at your side, coaching you with kindness and clarity. Who knew wisdom could be so encouraging?"
Co-editor Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
"Want real advice from real people who've been there and know how best to answer what you are asking? This book has it. I will use this as a reference to help me--and many others--for years to come."
Professor at Wheaton College
Editor Evangelical Missions Quarterly
If you're exploring doing something extraordinary for the glory of God among the nations, Ask A Missionary brings clarity and answers for a journey into missions. Because they've been there, over one hundred missionaries including Elisabeth Elliot, Phyliss Kilbourn, Bill Stearns, George Verwer, and Jack Voelkel share their insightful wisdom and practical advice on everything from making the decision to go, to stepping into a new life once on the field and everything in between.
- How can I know if God is leading me to become a missionary?
- How do I select a mission organization?
- What type of academic or practical training should I consider?
- How will I be funded?
- How do singles deal with loneliness and isolation overseas?
- What about raising children overseas?