Question about Professional Skills for missionaries:
"How do I find an agency in healthcare missions that fits me?"
Medical-Dental Mission Outreaches
Intervarsity's Nurses Christian Fellowship
The Christian Medical Dental Association also has a department that would be able to tell you which agencies are involved in medical missions (especially some of the lesser-known or smaller agencies). They even post a list of current needs which can give you an idea of who is doing what, and where.
2. Consider these ministries focused on medical missions:
Fellowship of Associates of Medical Evangelism
Flying Doctors of America
Medical Ambassadors International
3. Mission agencies that do well with medical missions include:
American Leprosy Missions
Southern Baptist Convention International Mission Board
1. How do you provide for continuing medical education and professional development?
2. What experience do you have with medical missions?
3. Where are you headed over the next 20 years with medical missions?
4. What are you currently doing in medical missions?
5. What is your approach to providing sustainable medical care?
6. What is your policy/philosophy on turning over medical work to the nationals?
7. What is your view on the relationship between the hospital/medical ministry and the local, national church?
8. Is it possible to do half medical work and half something else?
Were these answers helpful? Pass it along:
Subscribe to the AskaMissionary Newsletter
More information and a sample issue can be found on our newsletter page.