Questions about Daily Life Overseas for Missionaries
Communication with Supporters
- How much time and energy should a missionary expect to put into communication with people back home?
- How do I write newsletters?
- What do missionaries wish they had known before they first went?
- What is hard about life as a missionary?
- When it comes to interpersonal relationships with fellow missionaries, what should I expect? Will we get along?
- What does day-to-day life look like on the field? What is a typical day for a missionary?
Talking about Language
- What is it like to learn another language?
- Can I become a missionary if I don’t want to learn another language?
- What is the best way for me to learn a language for ministry?
- How long does it take to learn a language?
Culture Shock and Stress
- How do I learn how to deal with culture shock?
- How do missionaries living in remote areas or who have few team members deal with loneliness and isolation?
- How do I learn to prevent burnout when I become a missionary?
- What do missionaries think about bribes and how do they respond when they are expected to pay bribes and "special fees"?
- How do missionaries respond to the many requests by nationals to help them get to the US? Especially when you have doubts about their intentions and motives for going?
Daily Life Overseas Resources
- Get new questions & answers about daily life overseas. Subscribe to the AskaMissionary eNewsletter.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
These are questions with answers already online. If your question is not listed, search or ask a new question at the bottom of this page. Remember many questions are best answered by those in your church.
- Browse other websites with mission answers: Urbana’s blog
- Ask a new question about missions one year or longer.
- Or view other topics on this website