Questions about Missionary Training for Missionaries
Right from the Start
- What perspective should I take towards missions training?
- How can I be spiritually and emotionally prepared to live and work in another culture?
- Should I skip a degree and go into missions now?
- Is there any room in ministry for "regular" Christians without special training?
- I am in my late teens. Should I do some missionary training now before I go to university?
- I have years of schooling left. How do I prepare and persevere?
- What are some steps commonly overlooked by aspiring missionaries?
- How do I find a mentor to help me prepare for missions?
Avenues of Training
- What does it take to be properly trained for cross-cultural service?
- What types of training should I consider?
- What type of biblical education requirements are there for a missionary?
- Does the spouse of a missionary also have to get formal Bible training?
- How should I get evangelism training?
- Why is God training me now in a way that doesn’t make sense?
Talking about Language
- What is it like to learn another language?
- Can I become a missionary if I don’t want to learn another language?
- What is the best way for me to learn a language for ministry?
- How long does it take to learn a language?
- What degree or major in university would be most helpful to have on the mission field?
- Should I get a secular degree to get into a closed country?
- Should I major in teaching English?
- What training would be appropriate to establish orphanage programs and foster care programs in developing countries?
- What training for missions should I get to serve people with special needs?
- How do I get into a competitive graduate school or medical school?
- Which correspondence programs in Bible can you recommend?
- Should I pursue a graduate degree in my profession or stop at a bachelor’s degree?
- What seminaries do you recommend for a graduate degree in missions?
- I think God is leading me to work with the disabled and am exploring how I should prepare. What area of therapy would be the most useful? What is the greatest need on the field?
- I’m a teenager. Are there any specific classes that would be helpful to take in high school for getting into missions after school?
Culture Shock and Stress
- How do I learn how to deal with culture shock?
- How do missionaries living in remote areas or who have few team members deal with loneliness and isolation?
- How do I learn to prevent burnout when I become a missionary?
Things Nobody Told Me
- What do missionaries wish they had known before they first went?
- What is hard about life as a missionary?
- When it comes to interpersonal relationships with fellow missionaries, what should I expect? Will we get along?
- What does day-to-day life look like on the field? What is a typical day for a missionary?
- What characteristics should missionaries have?
- As an African-American is there anything specific I should learn about being sent as a missionary overseas?
- How do I write newsletters?
Missionary Training Resources
Didn't find what you were looking for?
These are questions with answers already online. If your question is not listed, search or ask a new question at the bottom of this page. Remember many questions are best answered by those in your church.
- Browse other websites with mission answers: Urbana’s blog
- Ask a new question about missions one year or longer.
- Or view other topics on this website